Life Transformations Personal Training in Lee’s Summit, shares tips on Healthy Families. Check out this Personal Trainer Tip!
Do you want to be a healthy role-model for your children? It doesn’t take a fitness fanatic to do this; everyday people can add simple everyday tasks into the daily routine to help make an active family. Here are some Get Active Tips for families:
- Walk for 30 minutes instead of watching 30 minutes of TV
- Opt for the stairs instead of the elevator
- Take a family walk after dinner
- Go to the local park to play catch or tag
- Find a local walking trail and take a nature walk
- Walk or bike instead of driving, whenever you can
- Park farther from the store and walk
- Join an exercise group or enroll your children in community sportsActivity does not have to be outside; it can easily be done at home. Check out these in home activity tips:
- Hand wash the car at home
- Let children help with chores around the house
- Work in the yard.Let children help rake or pull weeds.
- Snow shovel the driveway
- Get up at every commercial break when watching TVThe possibilities to being active are endless. Remember, for adults, getting physically active at least five times a week, for thirty minutes or more, will help lead you toward a happier and healthier lifestyle. For kids, being active an hour a day is a small step towards good health!
Adults decide what kids eat and they will eat what is available, so surrounding them with healthier options leaves them no choice but to eat better food.